[S.o.B] Sanctum of Beasts

Post your project your working on or server! Only positive advertisements are allowed, Negative topics will either be locked or deleted.
Frost
Super Poster
Super Poster

RE: [S.o.B] Sanctum of Beasts

Postby Frost » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:36 pm

john wrote:
Dexterity wrote:If people have played FE, BU, or Aureus Online they've seen these items before, and quite some time ago too.

That is were the similarities end fortunately.
Kindly don't hijack my thread to advertise other servers. It is common knowledge that there is a huge stockpile of free to use artwork that is on every server and I have credited the artists correctly.
Nor did I ever state it was "New to EO Art", rather a preview of S.o.B 1.1.

John is correct, all the items that are shown that he has not created himself or had someone make for him are from old posts on Eoserv's forum where people such as hiuru or other people like stava who created art from those servers. I doubt john would use anything that he did not have permission for. Also, if you're going to do nothing but provide hate towards a thread, do not bother posting on it at all. Thank you.
Home | Wiki | Downloads | Server List | Website | YouTube
Glorious PC master race.
john
Legend
Legend

Postby john » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:55 am

New Trailer - Devilgate 4.0 xD

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/PCKRdnxHg1o[/video]
john
Legend
Legend

Postby john » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Updated the navigation system.
Remade the forums with a clean new look and feel (come join up). xD
Added an Event Tracker on the forums.
Fixed the shoutbox issues.
Taking requests for forums categories now!

http://www.sanctumofbeasts.com/

check it out, feedback etc or just come and join our growing community :P
Providence
God Like
God Like

Postby Providence » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:08 pm

john wrote:New Trailer - Devilgate 4.0 xD

I thought party healing didn't work in EOSource?
Retired Super Moderator,
1/10/2012 - 1/6/2013

--

Getting back into the swing of EOSource, here to help.
john
Legend
Legend

Postby john » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Providence wrote:

Yea it works fine, never had any issue with it.
Providence
God Like
God Like

Postby Providence » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:40 am

john wrote:
Providence wrote:

Yea it works fine, never had any issue with it.

It was a cool video, it looked like an actual MMO squad taking down bosses, each with their own part. Tank, Healer, Attacker... etc.. I don't know the right terms but yeah. :P
Retired Super Moderator,

1/10/2012 - 1/6/2013

--

john
Legend
Legend

Postby john » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:10 am

Providence wrote:It was a cool video, it looked like an actual MMO squad taking down bosses, each with their own part. Tank, Healer, Attacker... etc.. I don't know the right terms but yeah. :P

Yea that was one of our target goals for 1.1, adding in a sustainable and beneficial class system, if you may remember we had a non existent class system and the only stat that was needed was CON for HP / Damage / Defense.

We now have a semi balanced 4 class system, [TANK], [PRIEST], [RANGER] and [MAGE], complete with their own armor, weapon and spells. (mage / priest)

Tank has more direct damage and spell damage on the AOE but a shorter range, their damage and defense is obtained with STR making them physically superior at taking damage and dealing it to immediate enemies. Tank armor and weapon also provides more HP and damage than other classes.

Priest has a mid ranged, lower damage AOE, they also have the ability to gain some massive group only heals (making them only good at group healing, as apposed to being an invincible killing machine xD) They gain TP and Damage from INT but gain no benefits to defense. Priest armor and weapon provides more TP than melee classes. Priest spells require a large amount of TP to cast making them un-cast-able by melee classes.

Ranger has a ranged AOE effect, this is a nifty feature and is quite popular, the attack works as a ranged attack, providing critical damage until the NPC has directly attacked you, on top of that, it is a ranged AOE type, this means that you can shoot an npc at range, it will hit the target and trigger an AOE attack that deals damage not surrounding you, but surrounding the NPC you have dealt the ranged damage to
kinda like an exploding shot etc. They gain damage and evasion from AGI however as far as I can gather evasion does not function correctly or at all.

Mage has the largest AOE range at 8x8 (weapon) and 10x10 (cast) they are effective at clearing large groups of enemies and have the ability to deal damage to every npc in view at once. They gain TP and Damage from INT but gain no benefits to defense. Mage armor and weapon provides more TP than melee classes. Mage spells require a large amount of TP to cast making them un-cast-able by melee classes.

As this whole system has only been recently introduced, we are in the process of ironing out any imbalances or flaws so feel free to make suggestions!

I had intended to make Ranger class have high evasion, however, evasion does not seem to have any effect against npc aoe spells.

I had also intended to make Priest class have access to several buff spells. Unfortunately...

1) Buff spells can currently be abused due to a bug.
2) Buff spells are currently capped at 253 making them practically pointless on my server.
3) Buff spells are currently only cast-able on self. I required them to be cast on others.
Last edited by john on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Providence
God Like
God Like

Postby Providence » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:55 am

john wrote:
Providence wrote:It was a cool video, it looked like an actual MMO squad taking down bosses, each with their own part. Tank, Healer, Attacker... etc.. I don't know the right terms but yeah. :P

Yea that was one of our target goals for 1.1, adding in a sustainable and beneficial class system, if you may remember we had a non existent class system and the only stat that was needed was CON for HP / Damage / Defense.

We now have a semi balanced 4 class system, [TANK], [PRIEST], [RANGER] and [MAGE], complete with their own armor, weapon and spells. (mage / priest)

Tank has more direct damage and spell damage on the AOE but a shorter range, their damage and defense is obtained with STR making them physically superior at taking damage and dealing it to immediate enemies. Tank armor and weapon also provides more HP and damage than other classes.

Priest has a mid ranged, lower damage AOE, they also have the ability to gain some massive group only heals (making them only good at group healing, as apposed to being an invincible killing machine xD) They gain TP and Damage from INT but gain no benefits to defense. Priest armor and weapon provides more TP than melee classes. Priest spells require a large amount of TP to cast making them un-cast-able by melee classes.

Ranger has a ranged AOE effect, this is a nifty feature and is quite popular, the attack works as a ranged attack, providing critical damage until the NPC has directly attacked you, on top of that, it is a ranged AOE type, this means that you can shoot an npc at range, it will hit the target and trigger an AOE attack that deals damage not surrounding you, but surrounding the NPC you have dealt the ranged damage to
kinda like an exploding shot etc. They gain damage and evasion from AGI however as far as I can gather evasion does not function correctly or at all.

Mage has the largest AOE range at 8x8 (weapon) and 10x10 (cast) they are effective at clearing large groups of enemies and have the ability to deal damage to every npc in view at once. They gain TP and Damage from INT but gain no benefits to defense. Mage armor and weapon provides more TP than melee classes. Mage spells require a large amount of TP to cast making them un-cast-able by melee classes.

As this whole system has only been recently introduced, we are in the process of ironing out any imbalances or flaws so feel free to make suggestions!

I had intended to make Ranger class have high evasion, however, evasion does not seem to have any effect against npc aoe spells.

I had also intended to make Priest class have access to several buff spells. Unfortunately...

1) Buff spells can currently be abused due to a bug.
2) Buff spells are currently capped at 253 making them practically pointless on my server.
3) Buff spells are currently only cast-able on self. I required them to be cast on others.

You have some great ideas, keep up the good work.
Retired Super Moderator,

1/10/2012 - 1/6/2013

--

Return to “Projects / Servers”