My Site Design

Post your project your working on or server! Only positive advertisements are allowed, Negative topics will either be locked or deleted.
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

RE: My Site Design

Postby 04jordanjamie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Merry Christmas and will do :D
Advrid
General
General

Postby Advrid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:48 pm

To be honest, not really feeling the metal for an Eoserv, but I don't like metal templates to begin with really.
With that being said, I cannot deny it looks good, especially for a first time. You adapt very quickly and we'll at that.
Good work, can't wait to see what you come up with next.
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 04jordanjamie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:54 pm

I can understand that a metal theme is a love or hate situation However this theme is not only for the site but it does match my server gui so that is part reason why I chose it, the second reason is the number of things you can actually do with a metal theme with alot less work (wooden) for example is tricky to make and I really havn't seen any decent wood looking sites (if you do know any feel free to let me know xD)

and if it seems I am adapting to thing quickly it is due to me Enjoying it, I never learn a thing from listening to someone rabble on hour after hour, I prefer a more hands on learning experience with some laughs throughout :)

Also thanks for commenting :)
Last edited by 04jordanjamie on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advrid
General
General

Postby Advrid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:02 pm

How very off you say that, just today I saw a site that pulled off the wooden template that my server has pretty well.

http://aureus-online.net/eoserv/vesperi ... /rules.php

And I know it's suppose to match you're server.
I'm just saying I don't like metal templates for the server/ website what not.
But I'm not trying to hate on your work, just metal template
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 04jordanjamie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:29 pm

sorry didn't mean to come across as disagreeing with you lol I do respect your opinion and I really do understand that metal is a love hate situation, don't worry I know your not hating I would rather have a civil debate with you than meet some of the people that won't respect others *tastes* I like metal and you like wood nothing wrong with that :D and that site is a cool wooden one really don't see many well done like that

(if this post gives off any kind of bad vibe let me know because None of it is meant to lol)

Last edited by 04jordanjamie on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advrid
General
General

Postby Advrid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Oh no, my bad I meant to say "what a coincidence you say that because I just saw this site today"
Don't worry I know you're not
Looks good, I'd suggest getting rid of one of the logos as there are two.
Both look good though.
Also I'd suggest cooling down on the bevel and emboss along with the inner shadow as it seems a little over done.

But again just my opinion.
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 04jordanjamie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:57 pm

Yea was debating the logos to be honest not sure which one looks better could maybe remove the moon one as it's easier and maybe just have the moon with no text xD still a work in progress
Advrid
General
General

Postby Advrid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:03 pm

That could work out
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 04jordanjamie » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Starting to put it together with text etc now lol

Deaven
Legend
Legend

Postby Deaven » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Looking good, but your balance is off. The right side of the page is too dark compared to the left imo. I'd also make the "Guardian Online" text blue to match the rest of the design, maybe even make it a bit more vibrant to help balance it.

Return to “Projects / Servers”