Endless Ages

Post your project your working on or server! Only positive advertisements are allowed, Negative topics will either be locked or deleted.
Azzan
Junior
Junior

Endless Ages

Postby Azzan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Introduction

Hello I'm here to Announce the Advertisement for my server called ''Endless Ages''. EA (Endless Ages). I expect to be in work for about 2-3 weeks before I will release the Beta. I plan on having 6 staff (not including in-game mods). I plan on having a custom rev for the server that will add a lot more features to the server. EA will include all of the original Endless online features + a lot more new features, Like.

Features

- Custom maps
- Custom Items/NPC's
- New spells (I have added Shadow magic and Light magic so far)
- Skills (special attacks for Archers and Warriors)
- AoE weapon and spells
- Buffs
- Dungeon instances
- Unique quest (all sorts of quests)
- Journeys that can be taken (1 for each class, They are a long quest that give good rewards)
- Class guilds
- Custom music (sfx and mfx)
- Custom client
- + A lot more.

More can be seen on the website.
The website is almost done and can be viewed here, Endless Ages website: http://www.Endless-Ages.net/

Screenshots of maps and pixels are on the website under ''Gallery''.

Staff

You can apply for the following positions:

- Mapper - 1 spot - Ricky

- Pixel Artist - 2 spots

- Coder - 0 spots - Jimbo

- Quest writer - 0 spots - Cheesy

I will be looking for more as the server becomes in need of more staff. Please only apply if you are dedicated and think you have what it takes to make this a Top server. If you don't think you are dedicated/not ready to apply yet then please don't. Please post your applications below or email me at: stuey277@hotmail.com.

Please apply by writing it like this

Your name/in-game name
What you applying for
What experience you have
Example of your work

Thank you for reading this, And I hope you come and play Endless Ages.
Last edited by Azzan on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Providence
God Like
God Like

RE: Endless Ages

Postby Providence » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Sounds pretty cool with all the features, i'll defiantly be coming on to check it out.
Retired Super Moderator,
1/10/2012 - 1/6/2013

--

Getting back into the swing of EOSource, here to help.
Azzan
Junior
Junior

Postby Azzan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 am

Thanks for the feedback Omgitsme. Sorry that I haven't updated this much, I'll post the major things, If you want to see the full progress you will have to look at my advertisement on EOserv (I won't post a link because I'll probley get yelled at).

Anyway here are the major developments in EA

Preview of the Client:

(note the connect and cancel buttons are a bit small, These have been fixed I just haven't updated the picture).

Here's an In-game picture of the client, The client is only 70% done and will most likely be launched at 70% because im still not happy with it yet.

Most of the features are In-game and ready, All that's left is adding more Quest and testing the Dungeon system. The Beta will launch some time this week.

Here's a wallpaper as well, Thought i would through it in for the hell of it, More can be viewed on the website under ''Gallery''.

(note Tritan Valley is a place in-game but won't be included in the Beta).

Hope you like it, And hope to see you on Endless Ages.

Still Hiring Staff.
Last edited by Azzan on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azzan
Junior
Junior

Postby Azzan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 pm

I made a quick trailer of the EA Beta (Took about 40 mins to make). It only show's about 20 maps and about half of the feature's in the Beta. The proper trailers will be a lot better and have much more time and effort into them. This is more of a Fun trailer then a ''professional'' one, So I'm not asking for C&C because this is purely for fun after all the work that's gone into the Beta. You'll notice the music changes which I decided to do at the last minute (I may upload it again with the music i was going to use). Hope you like it,

Endless Ages Beta Trailer

(note: Watch it in HD for the best Quality ''720p'')

Watch Here

I'm aware of Bug's in the video like the fish tile with the black line and other map/client issues. The client's 70% done and will launch at 70%. As for the launch, It will be launching tomorrow at 7:00am ''Australian Eastern standard time''. Thanks.
Last edited by Azzan on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azzan
Junior
Junior

Postby Azzan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Endless ages Beta Launched!

Sorry everyone I slept in xD, It's up now In the Download section on the Website that can be found here. Please read the rules before playing and if you have any problems or find any bugs please contact an Admin, I hope you all enjoy it, Thank you.
Providence
God Like
God Like

Postby Providence » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:18 pm

My account is slowly creating itself.. I'm so excited I'm going to piss myself.

The client is beautiful, the music is cool. So far, I'm impressed.

Bugs:
  • Can't read quest hints & server messages
  • Can't read announcements from admins
  • Can change my race to anything
  • In the collector quest, it shows the message "You collected all the bat wings" as soon as you agree to get them (no I don't have any bat wings in my inventory)
  • Tp doesn't go down when using self heal
  • In the collector quest, it doesn't proceed even when you have all 5 bat wings (lame..)
  • The back of the health bar (when you lose health) are miniature hearts, not a black rectangle
Disappointments:
  • Only one quest in starter area, the ending of that quest doesn't tell you where to go next
  • Server is mainly based on just searching and being lucky to find what to do next
  • Server has no direction
  • Music isn't played on every map
  • Lag spikes (sometimes)
  • Quests narrate themselves, no NpcInput, not interactive (Ex, collector quest)
  • Grammar errors in quests (Ex, collector quest, pig farm quest)
  • Buggy quests (Ex, collector quest)
  • Class can only be changed through the #class command
  • Drops in the same genre of npcs are either super easy or super hard, not a consistent rate
  • Exp rates don't make sense (Ex, takes me longer to kill a goat than a snake but yet I get more exp from the snake)
  • Weapons that take a lot more ingredients to craft are the same as a weapon that takes less ingredients (Ex, Dagger & Sharp Sword)
  • Staff don't know their own rules (Ex, Love, banned Apple for saying Nigger in general but not directly calling any one a nigger)
  • No repeatable quests in noob area (Level 1-4)
  • Training becomes extra hard and long after you've done both the quest in the noob area, gaining level 5 almost becomes pointless & boring
  • I expected a lot more from this server than this
Great things:
  • Beautiful client
  • Great music
  • Decent maps
  • Signs that actually work (so many servers put signs on maps and don't even make the signs readable v.v)
  • Custom map GFX (custom as in, not the original EO map GFX)
Last edited by Providence on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Super Moderator,

1/10/2012 - 1/6/2013

--

Azzan
Junior
Junior

Postby Azzan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Sorry everyone, I've decided to take the Beta down for around 2 days. There were to many bug's (Mainly quests related). I will be fixing Everything and I will Test it all before I release it again. If you have any bugs please post them on the EA Forum's in the bug's/Glitches category, Thank you.

Personal note, At Omgitsme I will be adding all the things you mentioned that I think need to be added/fixed to, Thank you.
cheesy
Junior
Junior

Postby cheesy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:21 am

Omgitsme wrote:My account is slowly creating itself.. I'm so excited I'm going to piss myself.

The client is beautiful, the music is cool. So far, I'm impressed.

Bugs:
  • Can't read quest hints & server messages
  • Can't read announcements from admins
  • Can change my race to anything
  • In the collector quest, it shows the message "You collected all the bat wings" as soon as you agree to get them (no I don't have any bat wings in my inventory)
  • Tp doesn't go down when using self heal
  • In the collector quest, it doesn't proceed even when you have all 5 bat wings (lame..)
  • The back of the health bar (when you lose health) are miniature hearts, not a black rectangle
Disappointments:
  • Only one quest in starter area, the ending of that quest doesn't tell you where to go next
  • Server is mainly based on just searching and being lucky to find what to do next
  • Server has no direction
  • Music isn't played on every map
  • Lag spikes (sometimes)
  • Quests narrate themselves, no NpcInput, not interactive (Ex, collector quest)
  • Grammar errors in quests (Ex, collector quest, pig farm quest)
  • Buggy quests (Ex, collector quest)
  • Class can only be changed through the #class command
  • Drops in the same genre of npcs are either super easy or super hard, not a consistent rate
  • Exp rates don't make sense (Ex, takes me longer to kill a goat than a snake but yet I get more exp from the snake)
  • Weapons that take a lot more ingredients to craft are the same as a weapon that takes less ingredients (Ex, Dagger & Sharp Sword)
  • Staff don't know their own rules (Ex, Love, banned Apple for saying Nigger in general but not directly calling any one a nigger)
  • No repeatable quests in noob area (Level 1-4)
  • Training becomes extra hard and long after you've done both the quest in the noob area, gaining level 5 almost becomes pointless & boring
  • I expected a lot more from this server than this
Great things:
  • Beautiful client
  • Great music
  • Decent maps
  • Signs that actually work (so many servers put signs on maps and don't even make the signs readable v.v)
  • Custom map GFX (custom as in, not the original EO map GFX)

We understand your dissapointment. As we have said, that's just a BETA, it was only 70% done. Those 30% missing will be filled up with all you are dissapointed with. Quests will all be fixed and everything you said will be looked up again.
Thank you for the feedback
Dearly
Noob
Noob

Postby Dearly » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 am

In-game Name: Heaven :angel:
Sex: Yes, please - Kiddin'. :D I am a female.
Position Applying For: Mapper

Hours/Days available:
Sunday: 8+ Hours
Monday: 8+ Hours
Tuesday: 8+ hours
Wednesday: 8+ hours
Thursday: 8+ hours
Friday: 8+ hours
Saturday: 8+ hours

Experience in job choice: I have worked for a few servers, including Bones-Underground, Endless-Origins, Endless Nightmare's old project and a few others which are no longer running. As you can see from my maps which I shall post below, I love to map. I put all my thought and effort into maps however much I can extend to reach.

How do I think I can contribute to EA? I believe I can contribute to Endless Ages by: Creating good quality maps with good effort, thought and time merged into them.

Last Statement: I'm anti-social irl which is the reason I'm online a lot. So if I do get adminship, I have a lot of spare time to do maps and such, so if you do find any map bugs, come to me and I shall fix them straight away.

The pictures below are of a noobland map (Normal GFX), a mountain map (Normal GFX), a town inside a cave(BU GFX) and a church Bone requested me to create (also BU GFX).

Noobland: Here. (Click the image on tinypic to get a better/closer view)
Mountain: Here. (Click the image on tinypic to get a better/closer view)
Cave: Here. (Click the image on tinypic to get a better/closer view)
Church for Bone's Request: Here. (Click the image on tinypic to get a better/closer view)
Last edited by Dearly on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Providence
God Like
God Like

Postby Providence » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:48 am

cheesy wrote:We understand your dissapointment. As we have said, that's just a BETA, it was only 70% done. Those 30% missing will be filled up with all you are dissapointed with. Quests will all be fixed and everything you said will be looked up again.
Thank you for the feedback

I know it's just a beta, that's why I gave feedback. If the server was actually released I wouldn't have wasted my time making the list.

@Dearly,
Epic maps!

@Cheesy,
Work on your quests please. They are too basic, contain grammar errors, and your descriptions for states don't make sense either.

Not meaning this as an offence.
Last edited by Providence on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Super Moderator,

1/10/2012 - 1/6/2013

--

Return to “Projects / Servers”