Recent Map Updated!

Post your maps here!
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

Recent Map Updated!

Postby 04jordanjamie » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:38 am

Hi all just thought I would share my latest map for the server i am working on, Just to note I would have used the scaler but it removed the water and because of the map size you wouldn't have seen the small details that make the map. Hope you like

All above images are the same map.

Below image is a joint map.

Last edited by 04jordanjamie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frost
Super Poster
Super Poster

RE: Recent Map

Postby Frost » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:26 am

Looks pretty good, but you should try to put some more detail into the roads and water. Roads(paths) are not always really straight, try to have them curve around and back just to look like it was not made by a machine. As for the water you should use lilly pads and other water objects that you can find in the map editor to provide more detail to it. You should also try using less of those curve grass tiles because it looks kinda tacky. Try adding more flowers and using more dirt on the paths. The farm field looks fine, just needs a bit of fruit and stuff growing in it. You should also try using some shadows, shadows can really bring out the map and give it a more realistic feel (which is hard because of the graphics lol) but anyways, I do like the creativity in the design, keep it up.
Home | Wiki | Downloads | Server List | Website | YouTube
Glorious PC master race.
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

RE: Recent Map Updated!

Postby 04jordanjamie » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:55 pm

Frost wrote:Looks pretty good, but you should try to put some more detail into the roads and water. Roads(paths) are not always really straight, try to have them curve around and back just to look like it was not made by a machine. As for the water you should use lilly pads and other water objects that you can find in the map editor to provide more detail to it. You should also try using less of those curve grass tiles because it looks kinda tacky. Try adding more flowers and using more dirt on the paths. The farm field looks fine, just needs a bit of fruit and stuff growing in it. You should also try using some shadows, shadows can really bring out the map and give it a more realistic feel (which is hard because of the graphics lol) but anyways, I do like the creativity in the design, keep it up.

Thanks for your comment Frost, Yea I understand your point on the paths only issue is it's hard to make a wild-ish path look good (not as in neat but as in "that looks cool") I will however be learning how to do that in future maps, would do it on this one but as you can see the map design circles around that path so will be hard to alter without redoing it all. and for the tacky bit I seemed to have overlooked it I do use that effect on some parts (like the lamp post near building on the dirt (to give it a less square look) and lastly the maps are actually shadowed it's just due to the grass effect its hard to see, they are however visible ingame so :) but as I said I do appreciate you taking the time to comment and hopefully it will improve my mapping. (Edit) if the shadowed comment was to the map at the bottom (like to tower ect..) I did forget to shadow some parts of that one lol my bad..

How bout this path hopefully it's liked lol took a while to do
BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by 04jordanjamie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frost
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Frost » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:25 am

I'm liking these paths a lot more, good job.
Home | Wiki | Downloads | Server List | Website | YouTube
Glorious PC master race.
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 04jordanjamie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:30 am

Frost wrote:I'm liking these paths a lot more, good job.

Well I am glad you pointed those out people tend to just say the maps are good to be nice (Which I don't want) so thanks for the good observation its improved my mapping lol once the map is completed I will post the finished image 1+
Last edited by 04jordanjamie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deaven
Legend
Legend

Postby Deaven » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:26 am

Nice job, you should replace some of those mushrooms with flowers to add more variety.
Advrid
General
General

Postby Advrid » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:54 am

You should work on the shadows, there are lots of random shadows everywhere. The paths are a little choppy, but looks good other than that.
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 04jordanjamie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 am

haha unfortunately i lost that map today accidentally overwrote it with a blank new one... oh well it happens (one at bottom) alough not sure about the random shadows? all shadows are on the object they are meant to be on unless your on about the grass tiles?
Last edited by 04jordanjamie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advrid
General
General

Postby Advrid » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:33 am

it was up near the top of the map, there are random shadows right below and beside/ in between the fence and tree.
04jordanjamie
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 04jordanjamie » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:35 am

ahhh I see it haha must have overlooked that but i am hoping the rest are in place :)

Return to “Maps”