Server won't go on now?

Talk about EOSource Server here.
Brotard
General
General

Server won't go on now?

Postby Brotard » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:19 am

You may have noticed a small server show up in the SLN's, "Secrets". It was running fine until this morning. I left the server running overnight, so a player could collect some stuff for future crafts. However when I woke up, my server was offline and now I'm getting this connection error.

Code: Select all

(300) SLN Update Warning: Failed to check into EOSource because of socket failed.

I'm very confused, because as stated earlier, I had it online for some time. Any reason it would fail to check in to the SLN's? And is it still technically online if I run it?

Well, that was weird. For some reason it un-portfowarded it's self over night. Anyone know why that would happen?
Last edited by Brotard on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frost
Super Poster
Super Poster

RE: Server won't go on now?

Postby Frost » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:17 am

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure on this error, because I've never had it...
Try rebooting your computer, and or your router. If you have any further problems, wait for someone else with more knowledge on this error to reply.
Home | Wiki | Downloads | Server List | Website | YouTube
Glorious PC master race.
Brotard
General
General

Postby Brotard » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:10 pm

I think it had something to do with a static ip address, because it showed up twice on the SLN's with two different ip's.
chow
Spammer
Spammer

Postby chow » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:58 pm

It's been a long time since I've delt with any of this server stuff but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you didn't portforward correctly or if your Ip is changing, and you have a No-ip you need to direct the No-ip to your current Ip address if you know what I mean ;). Theres a program called No-Ip DUC (Dynamic Update Client) That does this automatically.

Like I said I don't know if this is the problem it's just a guess.
You are my enemy.
john
Legend
Legend

Postby john » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:50 am

Yea what Chow said ^^, if you have a Dynamic IP (Your ISP may change this at any time, or at a router reboot) do as Chow mentioned and get DUC to auto check if your IP has changed and update your NO-IP Account with the new address.

Or if you are in it for a little longer you could ask your ISP about assigning you a Static IP, though some ISP's are not that generous to home customers and more likely will ask you to upgrade to a business account. At least in England XD

Return to “EOSource Server”