Need Help with New Server!

Talk about EOSource Server here.
Atrayo18
Junior
Junior

Need Help with New Server!

Postby Atrayo18 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Good Day

My name is Atrayo and i am thinking of starting up a server that will go big i have allot of confidence that it will go big and bigger ,but i will need help on new pub's,map's,gfx's and more .

So if your'e willing to help please either mail me or even skype me!!
thank you for reading my thread have a nice day further.

email:[email protected]
email2:[email protected]
skype2:atrayo.tunmer

Kind Regards
Atrayo Tunmer.
Last edited by Atrayo18 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chow
Spammer
Spammer

RE: Need Help with New Server!

Postby chow » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:52 am

Not to rain on your parade or anything but..... The chances of your server becoming popular are slim to none. Mainly because there is a very low amount of people who play eo nowadays and even less who play private servers. Maybe it'd be good to lower your expectations.
You are my enemy.
Advrid
General
General

Postby Advrid » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:01 am

Agreed ^
Take a look at the most "popular" serves at the moment.
They all consist of barely reaching over 20 players on.
And when they do that's because main is down.
The servers are awful, the only reason why people really play them is because they have for years.
People now a days, especially with today's gaming standards probably don't want to play a cheap private server of a game made back in like 2000 something that in turn was just a cheap copy of another game.
Try and make a new game instead.
This is mostly all my opinion though
Last edited by Advrid on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marche

Postby Marche » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:32 am

Hello Atrayo

It's hard to maintain a server with the current state of players willing to play yet another private server, when I hosted my own I was hoping to reach 50 players daily(couple of years ago that was actually possible, chances are very slim for that to happen in these times, summer break is coming though!) I put a lot of work into balancing everything out and such. In a couple of days we reached about 20 players and after a week or 2 it was reduced to a handful. These handful of players liked the game and played for another month or 2 but because of the small community they started leaving. Also they didn't like my new update, I made it too challenging. :P

My advice is, don't release your game unfinished, people will say it sucks, quit and probably never return. Make a good start where people will be busy for a month or two and in the meanwhile you have time to come up with updates.

I will add you on Skype maybe I can help you out a bit.
"I am who I am, I am what I have done."
~Marche Radiuju
john
Legend
Legend

Postby john » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:11 am

Marche wrote:Hello Atrayo

It's hard to maintain a server with the current state of players willing to play yet another private server, when I hosted my own I was hoping to reach 50 players daily(couple of years ago that was actually possible, chances are very slim for that to happen in these times, summer break is coming though!) I put a lot of work into balancing everything out and such. In a couple of days we reached about 20 players and after a week or 2 it was reduced to a handful. These handful of players liked the game and played for another month or 2 but because of the small community they started leaving. Also they didn't like my new update, I made it too challenging. :P

My advice is, don't release your game unfinished, people will say it sucks, quit and probably never return. Make a good start where people will be busy for a month or two and in the meanwhile you have time to come up with updates.

I will add you on Skype maybe I can help you out a bit.

Some good advice there.
Two things I would add are that if you want your server to grow at all, more than just our EO community bubble coming to check out what you have, a good idea is to either hire a dedicated video maker / forums advertiser, devote some of your own time daily to this task or set up an in-game rewards system for players that make videos of your server and upload/back-link them to you.

There is seemingly more people who used to play EO and that miss those good old days, floating around the internet, than there is currently playing EO! Therefore your best bet when looking for new players is to branch out over social media and attempt to reconnect them.

The only times any of my projects became popular was either shortly after release (the EO bubble community saying hi) and then slow but steady growth via social media hits.

As I am not making any real effort at the moment to grow my current server, it is not growing!

On a final point, upon arrival to your game, I have found that this can be the most crucial point for a new player, deciding if they will commit any of their time to it.
I would set it up to be very user friendly for someone that hasn't played EO before, yet include things that would equally fun for a veteran EO player, keeping in mind that some players are super lazy and some are not, this can be hard to find balance but can make or break your growth.

Good luck!

Return to “EOSource Server”