EOConfig2(New Config app /w download link)

Post your codes or new programs you are working on here.
mrsix
Junior
Junior
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 pm

EOConfig2(New Config app /w download link)

Postby mrsix » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:38 pm

UPDATE 8/24/2015: After many drinks and much boredom, I've fixed all issues(hopefully) and added as many features as a tiny program like this should have. This shouldn't need any more updates, but if you should find a bug let me know and I'll get around to fixing it(in a year or two? :P )

It's been a long time since i contributed anything to the EO server community, but I spent some spare time remaking my old config app which I learned is faulty, after all of these years.

This is a FAR better replacement for the default endless configuration file, it is customizable(Image, colors, text, servers, ect)

You can download it[size=140] HERE[/size]

If you would like one that is designed for your server with custom UI, different placement of things or more limited options message me. I can try to make time to create something for you.


Image

Image

Image
Last edited by mrsix on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Providence
God Like
God Like
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:47 am
Location: Port orange, Florida

RE: EOConfig2(New Config app /w download link)

Postby Providence » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:27 pm

mrsix wrote:It's been a long time since i contributed anything to the EO server community, but I spent some spare time remaking my old config app which I learned is faulty, after all of these years.

This is a FAR better replacement for the default endless configuration file, it is customizable(Image, colors, text, servers, ect)

You can download it HERE

If you would like one that is designed for your server with custom UI, different placement of things or more limited options message me. I can try to make time to create something for you.

Also let me know if you find any bugs, or if anything should be changed. I'd be happy to apply some updates.


If you want any one to download your program you should probably include some virus scans and also screenshots since you don't have a reputation around here.
Retired Super Moderator,
1/10/2012 - 1/6/2013

--

Getting back into the swing of EOSource, here to help.
Alex
Noob
Noob
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:19 am

RE: EOConfig2(New Config app /w download link)

Postby Alex » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:32 pm

The Author's Program does not have proper error handling.

It returns an error when clicking "copy" in the color generator when you don't select anything.
Info:
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: text
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text)
at EOConfig2.COLORGEN.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


It returns an error when attempting to run the client and it does not exist.
Info:
**********
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at EOConfig2.Form1.button4_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)



To the Author:
Instead of having the program try to run the client by telling it to start endless.exe,
call for the CreateFile operation for endless.exe if you are returned the Not Found error code, make your program report that instead of having it spit out a raw error box. Optionally add a line in EOConfig2.ini file that specifies where the client should be located.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Author's Program Exhibits the following behaviour:

1.Loads many libraries and countless fonts. Could be optimized.
2.Modifies the AppData paths.
3.Inquires about the start time of the winlogon process.
4.Inquires about URL prefixes
5a. Requests All Access to a registry key
5b. Requests Maximum Allowed Access to registry keys
5c. Requests Read/Write privileges for registry keys.
6. Searches for endless.exe in system directories in attempt of starting the application.

Extra Info:
2. Modifies key values:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Local AppData
On my System Changed to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Undefined User\Local Settings\Application Data

*This can only be an issue if you've manually assigned custom AppData paths.*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GDIPlus\FontCachePath
On my System Changed to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Undefined User\Local Settings\Application Data


3. This could be used to find out what time you turned on your computer if you do not hibernate. (However, no info is recorded at the time of this event.)

4.This could be easily caused due to the program being created with windows libraries. The Author may have included libraries that support URLs in your source.

5a. The Author's program uses GDI Plus for something. And it Requests All Access to the key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GDIPlus

5b. Requests Maximum Allowed Access to the following keys:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
This may be due to the Author's program being compiled with windows libraries that use this method to collect information for the program to function. But usually the program only attempts to Query or Read. Not request Max Access.

5c. Requests Read/Write Priveleges for the following keys:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
Once again could be caused by included windows libraries.

6. This behavior can be prevented by first verifying that endless.exe exists in the exact location. This behavior can be unwanted since no one would save their client in a system directory, if it would exist there it would only exist as malware. If someone has a malware called endless.exe in their system directories, the Author may be seen as the reason to the victim's computer being trashed.


The Author's program does not create any files, save any personal configuration settings, or create start-up entries. Aside from editing the EOConfig2.exe file .


Thus I'm rating your software SAFE!
Last edited by Alex on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrsix
Junior
Junior
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 pm

RE: EOConfig2(New Config app /w download link)

Postby mrsix » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:15 am

Alex wrote:The Author's Program does not have proper error handling.

It returns an error when clicking "copy" in the color generator when you don't select anything.
Info:
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: text
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text)
at EOConfig2.COLORGEN.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


It returns an error when attempting to run the client and it does not exist.
Info:
**********
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at EOConfig2.Form1.button4_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)



To the Author:
Instead of having the program try to run the client by telling it to start endless.exe,
call for the CreateFile operation for endless.exe if you are returned the Not Found error code, make your program report that instead of having it spit out a raw error box. Optionally add a line in EOConfig2.ini file that specifies where the client should be located.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Author's Program Exhibits the following behaviour:

1.Loads many libraries and countless fonts. Could be optimized.
2.Modifies the AppData paths.
3.Inquires about the start time of the winlogon process.
4.Inquires about URL prefixes
5a. Requests All Access to a registry key
5b. Requests Maximum Allowed Access to registry keys
5c. Requests Read/Write privileges for registry keys.
6. Searches for endless.exe in system directories in attempt of starting the application.

Extra Info:
2. Modifies key values:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Local AppData
On my System Changed to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Undefined User\Local Settings\Application Data

*This can only be an issue if you've manually assigned custom AppData paths.*

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GDIPlus\FontCachePath
On my System Changed to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Undefined User\Local Settings\Application Data


3. This could be used to find out what time you turned on your computer if you do not hibernate. (However, no info is recorded at the time of this event.)

4.This could be easily caused due to the program being created with windows libraries. The Author may have included libraries that support URLs in your source.

5a. The Author's program uses GDI Plus for something. And it Requests All Access to the key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GDIPlus

5b. Requests Maximum Allowed Access to the following keys:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
This may be due to the Author's program being compiled with windows libraries that use this method to collect information for the program to function. But usually the program only attempts to Query or Read. Not request Max Access.

5c. Requests Read/Write Priveleges for the following keys:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Cached
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
Once again could be caused by included windows libraries.

6. This behavior can be prevented by first verifying that endless.exe exists in the exact location. This behavior can be unwanted since no one would save their client in a system directory, if it would exist there it would only exist as malware. If someone has a malware called endless.exe in their system directories, the Author may be seen as the reason to the victim's computer being trashed.


The Author's program does not create any files, save any personal configuration settings, or create start-up entries. Aside from editing the EOConfig2.exe file and that 1 line he asked us not to edit. f8df3jw2=1

To Author:
Please give good reasoning for this line. Or else I will be forced to suspect it is used to record data from your program that is used to determine the actions it will plan for next time it runs .
Ex: Make an internet connections.
(Based on the internet inspections it made when it first ran.)


Thus I'm rating your software SAFE!


Hello Alex,

That strangely named line is simply used to determine if the user has chosen to remove the welcome message without manually editing the configuration(instead of using the default windows settings domain, I chose to use my own - it seemed more efficient). You may freely change this line to see what I mean (the value should be 0 or 1)

Sorry it took me so long to explain, I didn't really think anyone would pay any attention to this - although I'm impressed that someone analyzed to this depth.

It uses GDI+ for reading the color of the header image included with the program, and also to MANUALLY draw the image instead of using an extra image component + sizing routines.
Also, the use of GDI is mentioned very clearly in the main configuration file, in a comment. Shown here: # The background color value is made from EOConfig.bmp, using the GetPixel GDI method to get the color of pixel(1,1)

It could use more exception catching. I may update this soon or possibly even just release the source. It is a standard CLR Forms application generated by a template in the SharpDevelop 4.3 IDE - so it DEFINITELY would act different from any normal C# forms app. I have not modified its dependencies from the original template, so it may be initializing components that it doesn't even use. Keep in mind that the only reason I made this was to pass time and update the original EOConfig app I made which is completely dysfunctional. I wasn't exactly contemplating every possible outcome of the run-time(although I admit the color-picking exception is downright sloppy work on my part, so I apologize)

But if anyone is actually interested in using this, I suppose it would be my responsibility to make sure it fits standards. I'll look into updating it soon at least.

IF I'm leaving out anything you need to know, or if I've overlooked a question - just let me know. I'd hate for anyone to think that I'm doing them dirty!
Alex
Noob
Noob
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:19 am

RE: EOConfig2(New Config app /w download link)

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:03 am

mrsix wrote:But if anyone is actually interested in using this, I suppose it would be my responsibility to make sure it fits standards. I'll look into updating it soon at least.

IF I'm leaving out anything you need to know, or if I've overlooked a question - just let me know. I'd hate for anyone to think that I'm doing them dirty!


Yup you're fine. Scanners never tell you everything so I analyzed it myself.


Maybe you can make it check its environment by checking if ./config/ and endless.exe exist in its current directory before allowing to use the main window
(let it load though so people get a preview without having to set it up correctly). If not it'll pop up an error message saying they didn't select the EO folder correctly
(could add in settings options to set directory) or else move your config file to the endless.exe directory. Maybe a help button too explaining to people how to find the folder by right clicking their endless.exe shortcut and finding the target.

During this pop-up you can put a button "Start Color-Gen Only" so people can use your color generator without having to have eo.

-Alex
Last edited by Alex on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrsix
Junior
Junior
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 pm

RE: EOConfig2(New Config app /w download link)

Postby mrsix » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:40 am

Alex wrote:Maybe you can make it check its environment by checking if ./config/ and endless.exe exist in its current directory before allowing to use the main window
(let it load though so people get a preview without having to set it up correctly). If not it'll pop up an error message saying they didn't select the EO folder correctly
(could add in settings options to set directory) or else move your config file to the endless.exe directory. Maybe a help button too explaining to people how to find the folder by right clicking their endless.exe shortcut and finding the target.

During this pop-up you can put a button "Start Color-Gen Only" so people can use your color generator without having to have eo.

-Alex


I'll certainly look into all of this. I definitely should add some configuration values to determine exactly what executable should be used(because the main goal of this was to give private servers a custom config without hacking the main one)
As well as more documentation and the ability to preview the program without actually installing it inside of an EO directory.

Thanks for your input, also - I was curious about you mentioning how it is loading so many fonts. Are you possibly able to tell me exactly which part of the CLR assembly is doing that? because I couldn't find any reason for it inside of the source(including files that are usually unavailable via VS IDEs).
mrsix
Junior
Junior
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 pm

RE: EOConfig2(New Config app /w download link)

Postby mrsix » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Updated A LOT, should be extremely stable and reliable. At least I hope so, because it took me over a year to finally finish it.

EDIT: Because I'm lazy, not because it was hard.
Last edited by mrsix on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Programming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest